Get Your Free Consultation Now
Best Law Firm For Employment Discrimination Attorney Sacramento
Employment Attorney Sacramento, Northern California
York Law Firm is passionate about defending the rights of workers unfairly discriminated against or harassed on the job. Our firm handles cases of workers whose rights have been violated, such as an individual who is treated differently at work because of his or her race or age. To schedule a consultation with our age and employment discrimination lawyers, contact York Law Firm today.
Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in any aspect of employment, including:
- Hiring and firing
- Compensation, assignment or classification of employees
- Transfer, promotion, layoff or recall
- Job advertisements
- Use of company facilities
- Training and apprenticeship programs
- Fringe benefits
- Pay, retirement plans and disability leave
Harassment and Discrimination
Our trial attorneys have extensive experience representing individuals who have been subjected to harassment or discrimination based on race, religion, sex, disability or age. We have also obtained significant recoveries for victims of retaliation against individuals reporting discrimination or otherwise opposing discriminatory practices. Click here for a list of discrimination cases York Law Firm accepts.
Filing a Discrimination Claim
If you are filing a workplace discrimination claim, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Contact an experienced attorney you can trust to timely file your claim within the applicable statute of limitations. The statute of limitation differs depending on the subject matter of your case. At York Law Firm, our attorneys can protect your legal rights and ensure that your claim is timely filed with the applicable statute of limitations.
- Find an experienced workplace discrimination attorney to handle your case. Wendy York and her team of experienced legal professionals are known for their skill in presenting the strongest cases possible on behalf of their clients. If you believe you have a potential case, contact our firm to schedule a consultation with one of our workplace discrimination attorneys.
Types of Discrimination
There is nothing more unfair than being passed up for employment or a promotion for which you are qualified. If you feel you have been discriminated against at the workplace, our attorneys can advise you of your legal rights. Our Sacramento and Fairfield employment discrimination and harassment lawyers accept the following cases:
- Retaliation and Whistleblowing. This happens when your employer takes an adverse action against an employee for doing something that he or she was legally allowed to do.
- Sexual Harassment
- Racial Discrimination. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects individuals from race discrimination. Racial discrimination occurs when a person’s race or skin color affects whether he or she receives a job, promotion, or other employment benefits.
- Sexual Orientation. Sexual orientation refers to a person’s personal identification as heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. Discrimination occurs when the person’s sexual orientation prevents him or her from receiving a job, promotion, or other employment benefits.
- Age Discrimination. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) forbids age discrimination against people who are 40 or older. A person is discriminated against if his or her age prevents him or her from receiving a job, promotion, or other employment benefits; however, age discrimination laws do not apply to any individual younger than 40 in California.
- Gender Discrimination. It is illegal to deny a person from receiving a job, promotion, or other employment benefits based simply on his or her gender.
- Disability Discrimination. According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is illegal for an employer to treat an applicant or employee less favorably because he or she has a disability.
- Pregnancy. Pregnancy discrimination occurs when a female employee or job applicant is treated unfavorably because of pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth. An employer cannot discriminate against a pregnant female in any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.
- Religious Background. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects individuals from discrimination based on their religious belief. Discrimination occurs when a person’s religious beliefs affects whether he or she receives a job, promotion, or other employment benefits.
- National Origin. As with religion and race, Title VII protects individuals from discrimination based on their national origin. A person is discriminated against based on their national origin if it is the reason why he or she does not receive a job, promotion, or other employment benefits.
- Wage and Hour Violations (such as improper “exempt” classification)
- Wrongful Termination
If you have been discriminated against for any of the above reasons, York Law Firm can help. Our trial attorneys have extensive experience with workplace discrimination lawsuits and will fight for your rights.
Contact Our Employment Discrimination Attorney Sacramento
If you believe you’ve been treated unfairly at your place of employment because of your race, sexual orientation, or age, contact our employment discrimination lawyers. Located in Sacramento and Fairfield, the age and employment discrimination attorneys of York Law Firm will offer honest legal advice in a safe environment. Call us toll-free at 800-939-1832 or complete a questionnaire (subject to a consultation fee).